PAF is set to acquire PL-15 long range Air-to-air missile. PL-15 boasts a range in excess of 200km, exceeding the range of Meteor and all other AAMs currently in region. PL-15 has a next-generation AESA seeker, allowing it to withstand intense EW and maintain lock. PL-15 will allow JF-17 to out-range all opponents it is likely to face and project credible threat against Meteor-armed aircraft. Rafale’s longest-range AAM is Meteor, with range in excess of 100km. The key feature of Meteor is it’s ‘ramjet’ engine, allowing the missile to maintain high kinetic energy even in terminal phase.
- Exports sales prospects of JF-17
- PAF set to acquire PL-15 Long range AAM to counter Meteor
- JF-17 Block-III: What we know so far
- JF-17 Thunder now flyable on DCS – Most advanced publicly available digital simulator.
- JF-17 performs on Pakistan Resolution Day, March 23, 2019, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Twin-Seater JF-17B’s second prototype takes off
- Myanmar is in negotiations to licence-build JF-17 fighter
- JF-17b dual seat aircraft to be ready by April 2017: PAF
- PAF seeks Thales DAMOCLES – Multifunction Targeting Pod For JF-17 Aircraft
- JF-17 wins first export order!